Work / Training / Studies

EU citizens do not need a work permit in Germany to take up a job or start a business.

However, citizens from non-EU countries do need a permit. This can be applied for at the aliens’/foreigners’ registration office. If you have any questions or are unsure about anything, you can contact the aliens’/foreigners’ registration office at any time. (see contact data Arrival)

Advice on recognition of qualifications

If you have already completed a training course, you can have the corresponding certificate recognised.

You can find initial information on the recognition of professional qualifications here.

Counselling centre for the recognition of foreign professional qualifications for the government area of Freiburg:
Immentalstr. 16
79104 Freiburg
Phone: 0761 88 14 45 062


Job search

If you are looking for a job, you can contact the following offices:

Agentur für Arbeit Waldshut-Tiengen (Labour Exchange)
Waldtorstr. 1a
79761 Waldshut-Tiengen
Phone: 0800 45 55 500
Telephone hours: Monday – Friday: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm

Jobcenter Waldshut
Waldtorstr. 14
79761 Waldshut-Tiengen
Phone: 07751 86 41 03
This is where you should turn if you are a job-seeking recipient of citizen’s benefit.



Are you planning to study at a higher education institution in Germany or to finish the studies you have already started?

Contact the Central Student Advisory Service at the University of Konstanz for further information and advice.


Welcome Center

The Schwarzwald-Baar Economic Development Agency is also responsible for the Waldshut District. This office can provide you with plenty of good advice for a successful start to your life in Germany.