Everyday Life

Driving Licence

Anyone who holds a foreign driving licence (non-EU or EEA state) may continue to drive on this licence for 6 months after moving to the Federal Republic of Germany.

Upon application, the foreign driving licence can be transferred to a German driving licence. It may be necessary to take another driving test.

Please click here for more information on this.

If you want to register or re-register your car, the Waldshut-Tiengen or Bad Säckingen vehicle registration office is responsible for this.

Please click here for information on addresses and opening hours.


Translators / Interpreters

You generally need a certified translation for the translation of your documents or other papers. You can find interpreters and translators on the Internet. At this address, for example.

However, you can also contact the Office of the District Integration Commissioner, who will be pleased to help you (Antje Maurer, Phone: 07751 86-4277 or 0162 04105359, eMail:



See Arrival


Migrants’ associations

If you would like to contact a migrant association, you can enquire at the town hall of your place of residence.


Sports and cultural clubs

Information on this can be found on your municipality’s website (see Living in the District)